Dosage of this Caverta medication will vary as per your requirements. If your doctor detects larger dose is required it will be adjusted accordingly. You should remember the maximum dosage that can be taken is 100, only with prior consent with your physician. If cardiovascular diseases accompany the condition, you must be careful with Caverta 100. Strictly not to be used more than once each day, this medicine can be harmful if mixed with alcohol.
What is Caverta?
Cavertais erectile dysfunction remedy made by well known Indian pharmaceutical company Ranbaxy. Caverta contains the active ingredient Sildenafil citrate that is the main component in Sildenafil citrate- the top selling ED remedy. As Caverta contains the same active ingredient as brand Sildenafil citrate, its action, therapeutic effect, indications, contraindications, side effects are similar. The different between brand Sildenafil citrate made by Pfizer and generic Sildenafil citrate under the name Caverta is in form and shape of the tablets, pack and sometimes excipients. Pharmakokinetic characteristics may differ as well. Sildenafil citrate tablets are made by different manufacturers like Vipro lifescience (sildigra, viprogra), Ranbaxy (Caverta), Cipla (Silagra), Aurochem, Sunrise remedies, Torrent and others.
How does Caverta work?
Caverta contains caverta 100mg dosage that belongs to erectile dysfunction remedy enhancing blood flow to the penis. Caverta restores impaired erectile function and provides a natural response to sexual stimulation. The physiological mechanism of erection is related to the release of nitric oxide (N0) in the cavernous body during sexual excitement. Nitric oxide activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase resulting in increased levels of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). This leads to relaxation of smooth muscles of the cavernous body and increase blood flow to the penis. Sildenafil is a powerful and selective inhibitor of cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5), which is responsible for the breaking down of cGMP in the penis smooth muscles.
When Caverta is prescribed?
The medication is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men over 18 years of age. Erectile dysfunction is defined as inability to achieve and maintain erection satisfactory for the sexual intercourse.
When Caverta should not be used?
- caverta 100mg pills is contraindicated for use in the following conditions:
- Reactions of hypersensitivity or individual intolerance of any components in the medication
- Patients under 18 years of age
- Women. As the medication is not used in women, it must not be taken in pregnant and breastfeeding women. There were not conducted any studies confirming effectiveness and safety of sildenafil citrate for this category of patients.
- Diseases of the liver (liver cirrhosis, hepatic failure)
- Diseases of the kidney (renal failure)
- Concomitant cardiovascular diseases (congestive heart failure, angina, coronary heart disease, hypertension, hypotension)
- History of heart attacks and strokes for the past 6 months
- Diseases of the blood such as multiply myeloma, sickle cell anemia, leukemia
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Anatomical deformation of the penis such as angulation, Peyronie’s disease, or cavernosal fibrosis
- Concomitant applications with nitrates, alpha blockers and other medications