Uses of Megalis 10 MG Tablet
What is it prescribed for?
Erectile DysfuntionMegalis 10 MG Tablet is used for the treatment of impotence; where achieving and sustaining an erection is a problem while having sexual intercourse. However, it will work only if there is sexual stimulation.
Pulmonary arterial hypertensiononline megalis 10 mg tablets is used to treat high blood pressure of arteries present in the lungs and right side of the heart. It also improves exercise capacity in such patients.
Benign prostatic hyperplasiaMegalis 10 MG Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of age related prostate gland enlargement which may include painful, difficult, and frequent urination.
Major & minor side effects for Megalis 10 MG Tablet
- Persistent cough
- Decrease/loss of vision
- Change in color vision
- Decrease/loss of hearing
- Prolonged and painful erection
- Allergic skin reaction
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Peeling and blistering of skin
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Pain in the arms, legs and the back
- Uterine bleeding
When not to use?
Contraindications of Megalis 10 MG Tablet
AllergyMegalis 10 MG Tablet is not recommended for use if you have a history of allergy to sildenafil or any other component of this medicine.
Organic nitratesmegalis 10mg tab is not recommended for use if you are currently using any medicine that contains organic nitrates. Example: Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide etc.
RiociguatMegalis 10 MG Tablet is not recommended for use if you are consuming a medicine named Riociguat (Popular trade name is Adempas).
Missed DoseTake the missed dose as soon as you remember. It can be skipped if it is almost time for the next scheduled dose. This applies to conditions like Pulmonary Hypertension where the dose regimen is fixed.
OverdoseContact a doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. You might require immediate medical attention if the overdose is severe.
Warnings for special population
– This Megalis 10 mg Tablet medicine is not recommended for consumption by pregnant women unless clearly needed. Consult a doctor and discuss the benefits and risks before taking this medicine.
– The use of this medicine should be avoided by nursing mothers. Consult your doctor so that suitable substitute may be advised.