Hydration and sexual health
In order for a man to get an erection and eventually reach orgasm, a lot of the body’s systems have to work together properly. Everything from the nerves around the penis to the blood pumping through the body is necessary for an erection while having sexual stimulations. If one area of the body isn’t working properly, erectile dysfunction may occur.
Hydration is an important component for overall health, including sexual health. Without proper hydration, your body experiences side effects and complications. Several of these can lead to ED.
Signs of dehydration
Thirst is a poor indicator of hydration status. If you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated. The best way to monitor your hydration status is to pay attention to other signs of dehydration. These include:
- reduced urination, both amount and frequency
- dark-colored urine
- dry mouth and tongue
- lack of stamina
- confusion or a disoriented feeling
Is dehydration linked to ED?
It is possible for a person’s hydration levels to influence temporary ED in men. A lack of sufficient body water can affect a person physiologically and mentally.
Several elements are needed for a man to achieve and maintain an erection. A breakdown in one or more of these steps means person may not be able to achieve an erection that is firm enough for sex. The process includes:
- sexual arousal, or the messages sent to the brain that stimulate blood flow to the penis
- increased blood flow into two chambers in the penis called the corpus cavernosum that leads to the penis swelling and becoming erect
- when a man achieves ejaculation, the blood leaves the chambers, and the erection goes away
Symptoms of dehydration
A person’s fluid needs may vary based on their body size, physical activity level, and exposure to warm temperatures.
When a person is mildly dehydrated, they may experience symptoms that include:
- dark urine
- dry mouth
Drinking enough water will help a person feel better on several levels, including sexual performance. A person should drink enough water, so their urine is clear in color, and they do not feel thirsty.
If a person does not drink water or other fluids when This can turn into a medical emergency.
Symptoms of severe dehydration include:
- having an intense sense of thirst
- lack of sweating even in warm climates
- low blood pressure
- producing little to no urine
- a fast heart rate
Causes of erectile dysfunction
A man can experience ED for a number of reasons. Men of all ages can experience the condition. While people associate getting older with ED, this does not have to be the case.
Certain conditions that affect blood flow can cause ED, including:
- high blood pressure
- history of alcohol and tobacco use
- history of brain or spinal cord injuries
- history of radiation to the testicles
- multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- bladder or prostate surgery
Taking certain medications is also associated with ED. These include antidepressants, blood pressure-lowering medicines, and medications for pain.
In addition, mental health disorders, anxiety, or a dysfunctional relationship with a partner can all contribute to ED in men.
Know More About : medypharma.com