Topamac 100 MG
Uses of Topamac 100 MG Tablet
What is it prescribed for?
SeizuresTopamac medicine is used in the treatment of seizures which is a brain disorder characterized by uncontrolled jerking movements and loss of consciousness.
Lennox-Gastaut SyndromeTopamac 100 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome which is a type of seizures characterized by multiple seizures.
Migraine HeadacheThis Topamac 100 MG Tablet is used in the treatment of a severe headache in migraine patients.
- Blurred vision
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Hair loss
- Pale skin
- Back pain
When not to use?
Contraindications of Topamac 100 MG Tablet
AllergyNot recommended in patients known allergy to Topamac 100 MG Tablet.
Missed DoseTake the missed dose of Topamac 100mg , as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed one. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose of your tablet.
OverdoseSeek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor if any symptoms of the overdose like drowsiness, slurred speech appear.
Warnings for special population
– This Topamac medicine is not recommended for pregnant women.
– This topiramate 100 mg and alcohol medicine is known to excreted in breast milk. It is recommended only if necessary. Monitoring of undesired effects like diarrhea, drowsiness is necessary.
– Do not stop suddenly taking this Topamac 100mg medicine without informing the doctor.
– This Topamac 100mg medicine should be used with caution in patients with known history of depression. It may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts. Educate the patient’s caretakers about these symptoms. Inform the doctor if the symptoms persist.
Impaired liver function
– This topamac 100 mg medicine should be used with caution in patients with the liver injury. Close monitoring of liver function tests is necessary. Discontinue the treatment if the symptoms persist.